Summer Veggie and Herb Frittata With summer in full swing, I decided to share one of my favorite breakfast recipes for those lazy weekends. The great thing about this recipe is that it gives you the basic building blocks. Feel free to add or substitute to your liking. For the best results, use fresh herbs and make sure to leave out your eggs for 10-20 minutes to become room temperature before you use them. You can also add a dash of milk or heavy cream to your egg mix to get an even fluffier result. Whatever you decide to do, definitely give this recipe a shot this weekend and start your day right!
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 2 tablespoons of diced green pepper
- 1 small shallot, diced
- 1 teaspoon of fresh chopped oregano
- 1 teaspoon of fresh chopped thyme
- One or two pinches of red pepper flakes
- Salt & pepper
- 3 whole eggs & 1 egg yolk
- 1-2 tablespoons of cannabis-infused olive oil, depending on desired dosage strength
- 1-2 tablespoons of grated Parmesan cheese
Preheat your broiler to high and place the rack as close as you can get it.
- Heat a small frying pan to medium and add olive oil, green pepper, shallot, oregano, thyme, red pepper flakes, salt and pepper to taste. Cook for 3-4 minutes until translucent and soft. Set aside to cool.
- Whisk eggs and add a pinch of salt and pepper, fold in cooled veggie mix. Using the same pan you used for the veggies, heat to medium and add cannabis-infused olive oil.
- Pour in egg mix and fold cooked edges into the middle of the pan until firm but not all the way cooked through, take a look at the pictures for good idea of what this looks like.
- Top with parmesan cheese and place directly under broiler for 2-3 minutes, making sure to keep an eye on it and rotate if necessary until golden brown and fluffy.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!
Follow Chef Mejia on Twitter
Feel free to contact him at firstname.lastname@example.org
with any questions, comments, or requests.
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.