When thinking about cannabis-based infusions, sweeteners like corn syrup are usually overlooked. The great things about infused corn syrup are its ease of preparation and the many different applications. Infused corn syrup is a great starting point for many sweet-treats, including the increasingly popular hard candy route for those looking to ingest their cannabis in more a stealthy manner.
- 1 oz of ground cannabis
- 3 cups of light corn syrup
- Airtight storage container
- Fine mesh metal strainer
- In a medium sized saucepan, pour your corn syrup and turn on heat to low, making sure not to let it bubble up, about 5 minutes.
- Add ground cannabis and cook for 4-5 hours, stirring occasionally.
- Once the mixture is ready, prepare metal strainer by placing cheesecloth inside the strainer and above the container, making sure to secure with your free hand.
- Pour mixture into double strainer on top of the container, repeating if necessary to remove all plant matter.
- Store cooled container in a cool and dark place for up to 6 months.
Follow Chef Mejia on Twitter
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.