Recipe by Layla Beth Munk.
This recipe can be used to create banana bread or muffins.
- 2 ripe Organic bananas.
- 1/2 c. Flax milk (vanilla flavored, preferably.)
- 1 1/2 tsp. Vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup Cannabis infused margarine, melted. (I use Earth Balance.)
- 1/2 cup Organic brown sugar
- 2 cups Flour (Organic, whenever possible!)
- 1 1/2 tsp. Baking powder
- 1 1/2 tsp. Baking soda
- For crumbly topping: Ground flax seeds and brown sugar
- Optional: Food coloring (Color of your choice.)
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In a medium sized bowl, combine the sugar, flour, baking powder, baking soda. Stir with a fork until well mixed.
- In a separate bowl, mash the bananas and add the flax milk and vanilla extract. Stir well until creamy.
- Add the creamy banana mixture to the dry mix. Stir thoroughly.
- Add the melted Canna-butter and let sit for five minutes. After five minutes, stir very thoroughly.
- Let sit for five minutes more, and then stir again.
Note: A good tip to determine if you have combined the butter thoroughly enough is to add food coloring to your recipe. Once all of your batter is the same color, consistently, your finished product will be much more effective. And besides, food coloring can be fun! This step is not necessary, however.
- Pour mixture into desired (well oiled) containers: bread pans or muffin tins.
Note: The recipe is for bread pans, so if using muffin tins, be sure to keep a very close eye on them! Nobody likes burnt muffins!
For bread, bake for 40 minutes. Remove from oven. Add crumbly topping and return to oven for an additional five minutes.
For muffins, bake for 30 minutes and check using a toothpick. If ready, add crumbly topping and return to oven for another five minutes. If not, ready, check every five minutes until toothpick comes out clean.
Keep out of reach of children and enjoy! (Photo of finished product can be seen on LB’s Instagram page.)
Layla's official website - website - Facebook - Instagram - email
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.