From the time we were little kids, we have always enjoyed the wondrous flavors infused into lollipops. Luckily, we now have lollipops fit for the adult connoisseur. These tasty treats won’t take longer than 15-20 minutes and are a simple way to make some tasty medication. Let’s get started!
- 1/4 cup of butter
- 3/4 cup of sugar
- 2 grams of high quality hash
- 1/3 cup of corn syrup
- One box of cherry jello (Whichever flavor you prefer can be substituted)
- Nonstick cooking spray
- Candy thermometer
- Metal measuring spoon
- 20 lollipop sticks (4 inches)
The key to making a successful batch of these delicious lollipops is to make sure that you have all required ingredients and cooking utensils laid out and ready to go.
- To begin, grab a baking sheet and spray it down with nonstick cooking spray. If you happen to have a candy mold, this will work wonderfully as well. Lay the lollipop sticks beside one another with a couple of inches between them.
- Begin to break your hash down as finely as possible and put it in a small mixing bowl along with the jello premix.
- Once you’ve mixed the jello premix and broken down hash together, turn one eye of your stove on a low heat.
- Attach your candy thermometer to a medium sized sauce pan and place it on the stove to begin warming up.
- Constantly stirring the added mixture, begin to pour in your 3/4 cup of sugar, 1/3 cup of corn syrup and last but not least, 1/4 cup of butter. Consistently stir this mixture until it slowly comes to a boil. At that point, increase the heat and do not continue stirring. The candy will heat up and obtain a certain texture.
- Since this is based on preference, you may stop the candy whenever you like. For softer candies, I personally recommend about 250 degrees. For a harder texture, 280 degrees will work just fine, but I do not recommend going over 300 degrees.
- Once your desired temperature has been reached, remove the candy from the pan and add in the mixture of jello premix and hash. Rapid, thorough mixing is crucial at this point to ensure that the candy does not cool too quickly.
- At this point, the candy is still extremely hot, and it is highly emphasized that you be careful handling any hot utensils used in making it.
- Once the candy has begin to cool, grab a tablespoon of the candy and place it at the ends of your lollipop sticks on the cookie sheet. Allow these to cool for about another 30-45 minutes (in the refrigerator, if possible) and you’ll be snacking on these delicious suckers before you know it!
Enjoy these scrumptious lollipops with friends, on the go, or after a long day. Generally, one lollipop is considered to be a fairly strong dose, so we encourage the consumer to wait at least an hour before reducing. Safe consumption is encouraged, and as always, enjoy!
By Josh Jones
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.