By Kelly Gibson.
To me, Christmas is the smell of warm molasses and cinnamon coming from the kitchen. I didn't stop at baking just the cookie either, I made these extra festive by dipping them in chocolate and adding some candy cane sprinkles. This was a combination of recipes by Better Homes & Gardens and Cooking Classy. The cannabis taste is well masked with this recipe, one of my best yet. Maybe Santa wants to enjoy some edibles this holiday too!
To make cannabutter put the 'cured' marijuana flour into a crockpot (or stove top) on low for half an hour. Do NOT over heat. Let cool and store in an airtight container until further use. For a mild dose, it's recommended to use 0.75 grams of marijuana a serving, approximately 6 grams for 1/2 cup of butter. As per Mary Jean Dunsdon (aka Watermelon) recommendations.
(Makes approximately 28 cookies)
- 1 cups Cannabis Butter, room temperature (here is our 1 Gram Cannabutter Recipe)
- 1/2 cups of shortening
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- ½ cup organic molasses
- 2 eggs
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 4 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 6 oz dark ‘Bakers’ chocolate
- Christmas sprinkles, of your choice.
- Start by preheating your oven to 375°F or 175°C
- Mix together flour, soda, cinnamon, ginger and salt in a medium bowl and set aside
- Then beat together butter and sugar until light and fluffy
- Lightly whisk the eggs and add to molasses, mixing until combined
- Slowly add in the dry ingredient and mix until well combined
- Roll dough into small 1 inch balls
- Roll each ball completely in course sugar.
- Place each cookie 1 inch apart on cookie sheet, then bake for approximately 10 minutes. The cookies will begin to crack slightly on top
- Cool completely before decorating
- Cut chocolate into small even pieces
- Melt chocolate slowly on low using a Bain-marie or double boiler, mixing constantly
- Allow melted chocolate to cool slightly before handling
- Dip half of each cookie into melted chocolate, removing excess from the bottom of the cookie, then place on parchment paper and add sprinkles
- Let set at room temperature
- Serve immediately or store in a sealed container for up to 1 week
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.