Natalie's Marijuana Banana Bread Recipe
By Ayad Maher.
Natalie is one of my good German stoner friends who's been always into baking. One evening we were hanging out and she decided to make marijuana banana bread. I was skeptical at the beginning. On that same night, it took us 4 batches to be able to get to the right marijuana recipe. and here it is:
- 4 ripe medium size bananas (smashed)
- 1/2 cup melted THC infused butter, check our 1 Gram Cannabutter Recipe.
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose baking flour
- 2 egg - beaten
- 1/2 teaspoon fine grain sea salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tsp. Baking soda
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts - if desired
*Check this Cannabis Cooking Calculator for the Perfect dose.
- Preheat the oven to 340 degrees Fahrenheit. Don’t bake above 340 degrees Fahrenheit. At higher temperature, THC may start to degrade, and you may lose the expected potency effect.
- In large bowl; mix butter, sugar, eggs, and vanilla; stir until smooth
- In a separate bowl; mix flour, baking soda and salt
- Mix butter mixture to flour mixture; stir until smooth
- Now - Mash the bananas and add it to the mixture.
- Add the walnuts
- Fill mix into a greased (use Cannabis butter) 9" x 5" Baking pan.
- Bake in a buttered loaf pan until a toothpick stuck into the bread comes out clean, 55 to 60 minutes. Every oven is different. Start checking on minute 50.
- Give it 10-15 minutes to cool down.
- Slice and serve.
- Add Extra Dairy for better texture and flavor - Some marijuana banana bread recipes, or banana bread recipes in general, include some type of dairy, I tried it out and it's true. It improves both the flavor and the moistness of your loaf. Add 1/4 cup sour cream for the whole batch would be more than enough.
- Use overripe bananas. Ideally, for the purpose of consuming fresh bananas, it has to be yellow skin (no green. Maybe brown freckles here and there. But for a fresh banana bread loaf, you don't want to use a fresh one. If you don't have ripe banana handy on time, here is a trick. Bake unpeeled bananas in a 250°F oven until soft, 15-20 minutes. Cool down. Peel. Voilà.
- Make sure to positional the baking pan right in oven's center from all directions.
Editor's Note: This post was originally published in January 2017 and has been revamped and updated as needed for accuracy and comprehensiveness.
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.