This website contains adult material and is only suitable for those 18 years or older. Click Enter only if you are at least 18 years of age.or Exit
Marijuana has been around for thousands of years and is known for its amazing benefits and usage. People around the world have been able to creatively come up with various kinds of products derived from these cannabis leaves. Some have found curing and relieving properties for health ailments, especially when it comes to mental issues. There are also products today which you can easily purchase in the market like marijuana candies and teas. The finished products of this plant make up an extensive list of different kinds of things. Read on and find out more about the different uses of marijuana leaves today.
Marijuana leaves, whether from an indica or sativa plant, can have a wider range of functions that not too many people know about! In order to fully make the most out of their gardens, cannabis growers and seed breeders will need to fully understand just how these weed leaves are utilized. That way, you can plan ahead and decide how you want to make use of these different plant parts without having to make them go to waste!
So, what exactly is a cannabis leaf’s role in the growth and development of a marijuana plant? Let’s check them out:
Cannabis leaves will primarily work as the main component of a marijuana plant’s food source. They gather energy from the sun or whatever lightsource growers decide to use and harvest it through the green chlorophyll pigment, which also gives the leaves its green color.
The leaves will also house numerous microscopic openings which will allow the entering of carbon dioxide into the organism’s systems. Consequently, this is also used to release any water and produce oxygen into the air.
Cannabis leaves will also play an essential role in the process of photosynthesis. This is basically the conversion of the harvested energy and carbon dioxide from the lighting sources into the fuel that allows the plants to function properly.
Related article: What Cannabis Leaves Can Tell You
Growers and cultivators can also feed different nutrients to their plants via the cannabis leaves. This is referred to as foliar feeding.
1. Green juices and smoothies: The harvested and untampered cannabis leaves that you can get after harvests can subsequently be turned into various green juices and smoothies. Since there are now different kinds of smoothies and juice that you can easily buy in the market that are packed with nutrients then you can also make your version of it using raw cannabis leaves. Raw cannabis is constantly an amazing ingredient for green juices as well as smoothies. You just have to add some cannabis fan leaves and from there you will be able to create a drink, which is ultra-powerful as well as beneficial especially if you are dealing with some health conditions.
The cannabis green juices and smoothies that you make at home or purchase from shops will taste amazing! While it will contain flavors of the other ingredients that are incorporated into the product such as celery, apples, and zesty orange, you are still bound to get that rich herbal taste from the cannabis leaves!
2. Garnish for your meals: Another great way to use those cannabis leaves is as a garnish for your meals. It will surely add more color and healthy effects to your dishes. Plus, you will surely enjoy its aroma and added flavor especially if you will place these leaves in your green salads! Cannabis leaves, like many other agricultural products out there, will have a subtle sweet and bitter flavor that only gets better when cooked. This is very much recommended for people who wish to consume a product without the effects of getting too high. If you are a personal grower who has access to your own gardens, then simply plucking out these cannabis leaves from your plants can make for a very accessible ingredient!
3. Teas: More and more people are now enjoying cannabis leaves as tea. You can add some coconut oil or even butter; the fat will stimulate the cannabinoids on the leaves. It has a high effect on the body. However, if you just wish to have it just like a regular tea without the high effect then just add some hot water and you can enjoy a sip of this nutritional tea.
Related article: How To Make Cannabis Tea
4. Topical extraction: Just like tea, you can use dried cannabis fan leaves to infuse into coconut oil (or just like any other type of fat) to be used in making topical skin creams as well as balms. Because of the tiny amount of resin as well as other nutrients present in the leaves will work well for skin surface application and will not cause any psychoactive effects since you will be applying or using it externally.
Some of the best topical extraction products that you can purchase if you find yourself in the state of Washington include (Source: Best Topicals in Washington State):
5. Composting landfills: If you grow cannabis at home, there are few ways to use cannabis fan leaves better than compost.
As we all know, composting is an ideal way to add all the nutrients your plants need to your soil. Just collect your kitchen and yard waste together with the leaves from your cannabis plants. With this method, you can avert as much as 30% of your home waste away from landfills as into your shrubbery where its nutrients can support larger and healthier plants. In addition, nourishing microorganisms can also ventilate the soil, break down substantial carbon-based, and defend against plant virus.
These are just some of the amazing things you can do with your cannabis leaves. These leaves are packed with nutrients that you can find and apply amazing things using it. This will only depend on the kind of effect you wish to obtain. For more uses about cannabis leaves, try reading more about them here: https://www.medicalmarijuanainc.com/cannabis-leaves-and-their-uses/)
The two types of cannabis leaves, sugar and fan leaves, will inherently contain certain levels of cannabinoids in them. While it won’t be as much as what we would normally get from the flowers and buds themselves, it is still something to take note of when finding the different uses of such!
Any medical values associated with cannabis stretches to the leaves themselves. Let’s take a look at some of them here:
The antioxidant components found in cannabis leaves can turn into an anti-inflammatory agent. This will avert the body from acquiring any inflammation illnesses and ailments such as arthritis or colitis disease. (Source: https://www.crxmag.com/issues/2020/spring/the-nutritional-value-of-raw-cannabis.shtml#)
The cannabinoid compound found in cannabis leaves has the outcome that could easily prevent common chronic illness. It can inverse a mass of chronic illness as well as give relief to the illness a lot faster compared to other pain relievers in the market today. This is why cannabis leaves are considered one of the best painkillers in the world. (Source: https://alsnewstoday.com/social-clips/2017/08/14/five-benefits-cannabis-tea-chronic-illness/)
Fundamentally, we have these known endogenous cannabinoids present in our bodies. This is very much effective as it could help control the immune function in the body. However, there are times when our bodies have an issue in the immune system that could lead to the most common autoimmune disease, such as lupus. Through the help of these leaves, patients with lupus can be able to function well again since it could avert the overreaction of the immune system and at the same time alleviate the inflammatory of the joints and muscles.
These are just some of the amazing health benefits you could get from using cannabis leaves. However, make sure to discuss it more with your doctor to fully understand its purpose and of course to be able to get your recommendation. (Source: https://www.therecoveryvillage.com/marijuana-addiction/marijuana-and-lupus/)
These are just some of the amazing facts about Sativa leaf, which should be considered. It will not only produce great new things, which you can eat or drink, but it will also contribute more to your health condition. Go online and learn more about SunWest Genetics marijuana seeds, and you will surely learn more and new things about cannabis leaves that will amaze you.