Guest Blogger Guidelines
Here are the guidelines for each guest article, please read them thoroughly:
- Your piece must be 100% ORIGINAL, meaning it doesn’t appear on any other site but MonroeBlvd.com.
- We make every effort possible to preserve the writers’ words in each article submitted, however we reserve the right to make changes to the article, including words, photos and links for editorial purposes.
- Word count should be a minimum of 600, and most of our articles range from 900-1300 words, feel free to use that as a guideline.
- We do pay several of our writers, however, all new writers go through a probationary period which we use to develop a relationship with them and assess their ability to meet deadlines, provide consistent work, etc.
- We love supporting our writers! If you have a blog of your own that’s aligned with Monroe Blvd lifestyle and values and vision (combining marijuana with our everyday lifestyle and ensuring productivity, wellness, health, and class) we’d be happy to include up to 3 backlinks to your blog or website in your author bio (or any suggested and relevant backlinks).
- In one year time period, starting off the publishing date, we will reach out to the writer to revamp and edit his/her post. We reserve the right to take the author name down and any baclinks if there was no interest to do so.
- On that note…if you’re interested in promoting your product or site with DOFOLLOW links, please let us know that is your intention. We’ll consider these posts as long as they are aligned with our values and overall vision, and can discuss details separately.
Instructions for submittal
- Please submit your original piece to me in your reply email - preferably in word document format. Or, if you have ideas you’d like to pitch, please give us 3-5 topics you’d like to cover and we’ll discuss this in further detail together!
- We encourage photos with your article submissions. If these are borrowed photos, please make sure to credit the original photographer or find photos from sites that allow use of photos (there are plenty of free image sites, such as Pixabay and PicJumbo – please send attached images to the email and NOT copy and pasted in your word doc.
- With your article, please submit an author bio of 2-3 sentences that we’ll include if we publish your piece.
- If we decide to publish your article, I will be in touch within 2-3 business days and you’ll receive an email from me personally letting you know when it’s live on our site.
Please feel free to let me know if you have any questions at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you and looking forward to see your post on Monroe Blvd,